"These smears against Rob Ford will not be tolerated," Rob Ford continues, "It's clear that the internet has a vendetta against Rob Ford and Rob Ford won't tolerate it."
"And, yes. Rob Ford uses the third person."
FORD FEST BACKYARD FUNDRAISER
When Fri Sep 10 7pm – 11pm Eastern Time - Toronto
Where Ford Residence: 15 Weston Wood Road, Etobicoke
Media Advisory - Women Matter Mayoral Candidates Meeting
UPDATE: ROB FORD WITHDREW FROM THE DEBATE EARLY FRIDAY MORNING, SAYING HE HAD A BBQ TO ATTEND INSTEAD.
TORONTO, Sept. 10 /CNW/ - Equal Voice Toronto, the Toronto Women's City Alliance and YWCA Toronto are hosting a mayoral debate for the five leading candidates. Questions will center around issues of gender representation and diversity in city politics.
WHAT: Women Matter Mayoral Candidates MeetingEqual Voice is a multi-partisan organization working to get more women elected in all levels of government in Canada.
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 10, 2010, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: YWCA Toronto 80 Woodlawn Ave. E.
WHO: Sarah Thomson, Rocco Rossi, Joe Pantalone, George Smitherman Moderator: Susan Eng, Vice President of Advocacy for CARP Wendy Cukier, Associate Dean of Ted Rogers School of Management and Founder of the Diversity Institute at Ryerson University will provide commentary on the answers provided by the candidates.
The Toronto Women's City Alliance is a diverse group of women working to end the growing silence and invisibility of girls and women's voices on the political agenda in the City of Toronto since 2004.
YWCA Toronto is an association of diverse and caring women dedicated to improving the lives of women and girls through dynamic leadership, advocacy, and a range of unique and essential services that promote personal growth and economic independence.
Smitherman’s tax pledge comes only days after he announced a $10 million youth job-creation plan to be supported by a hike in business property taxes, followed hours later by a statement that there was a miscommunication and the plan doesn’t include a tax hike.It seems he's trying to position himself as a born-again Rob Ford-lite as his campaign sputters.
- Go to the Orient, go to Hong Kong. You want to see workaholics? Those Oriental people work like dogs... they sleep beside their machines. The Oriental people, they're slowly taking over... they're hard, hard workers.
On LGBT rights:
- Gino-boy [in reference to George Mammoliti].
- I don’t understand. No. 1, I don’t understand a transgender, I don’t understand, is it a guy dressed up like a girl or a girl dressed up like a guy? And we’re funding this for, I don’t know, what does it say here? We’re giving them $3,210?
- If you’re not doing needles and you’re not gay, you won't get AIDS, probably.
- People do not want government housing built in the city of Toronto. They want roads fixed, more police presence, but they don't want more government housing that will depreciate the value of their property.
On the sanctity of life:
- This is an insult to my constituents to even think about having a homeless shelter in their ward. And you want me to have a public meeting to discuss this? Why don’t we have a public lynching?
- I can't support bike lanes. Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks. My heart bleeds when someone gets killed, but it's their own fault at the end of the day.