That being said, and in light of recent news, I think she needs to come clean as to whether she is an avowed separatist or not.
How she or her husband voted in the last Quebec referendum is irrelevant.
It's whether or not she or her husband actively supports and promotes a separatist agenda that concerns me. If she does, she has absolutely no business being our Governor General nor representing Canada on the international stage.
Let me be clear here - an avowed separatist is different that somebody who voted "yes" on a separation referendum. Somebody who actively campaigns for the disassembly of Canada cannot be my Governor General.
Other blogs on this story:
- Angry in the Great White North, Michaelle Jean: Clearly not suited to be Governor-General
- CalgaryGrit, Rising Storm
- Cherniak on Politics, Why would the separatists accuse Jean?
- m.k. braaten, Not happy about the GG saga? Email the Queen!
- Toronto Tory, Michaelle Jean, Governor General and Quebec Separatist?